Now Hiring: Class A Driver
POSITION TITLE: Class A Driver
REPORTS TO: Lumber Operations Manager
SALARY RANGE: Christensen Lumber offers competitive pay, an impressive benefit package and most importantly we offer an amazing company culture.
This position is responsible for delivering building materials to our customers in safe and timely manner.
- Transport building Material to and from customer job sites
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
- Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
- Collect and verify delivery instructions.
- Report defects, accidents, or violations
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc.)
- Ability to drive long hours.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations.
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
- Valid truck driving license
- Must have a smart phone. Unlimited data plan would be recommended.